Water: Beach Grants
Appendices & Supplemental Information
- 1A Oversight
- 1A1 Beach guidance review team (2002 Guidance)
- 1B Statute and Regulation
- 1B1 BEACH Act (2002 Guidance)
- 1C Science Background
- 1C1 Science Background: Indicator organisms; epidemiological studies & references (2002 Guidance)
- 1D Recreational Criteria & Science Plan. EPA is working to develop new recreational criteria. A number of documents are available as a result of EPA's recent efforts.
- 1D1 Critical Path Science Plan and Criteria Development Plan (Supplemental Materials)
- 2A Beach Grants.
- BEACH Act grants are awarded to eligible coastal and Great Lakes states, territories, and tribes to develop and implement beach monitoring and notification programs.
- 2A1 EPA Grant Coordinators (Supplemental Materials)
- 2A2 Federal Register Notice (Supplemental Materials)
- 3A Beach Identification, Evaluation, and Classification
- 3A1 Beach Evaluation and Classification List (2002 Guidance)
3A2 List of Beaches (Supplemental Materials)
- 3B Conducting a Sanitary Survey. Sanitary surveys are important to determine sources of beach contamination.
- 3B1 Great Lakes Sanitary Survey (Supplemental Materials—2008)
3B2 Other Beach Sanitary Surveys (Supplemental Materials—2008)
3B3 Comparison of Other Sanitary Surveys (Supplemental Materials—2008)
- 3C Beach Definition and Examples
- 3D Source Tracking
- 3D1 Source Tracking Information (Supplemental Materials—2008)
- 4A Beach Data. Collection of beach monitoring data is an important requirement of the BEACH Act and is addressed in the guidance document.
- 4A1 Data
- 4B Beach "Monitoring"
- 4B1 Data quality & sampling design (2002 Guidance)
- 4B2 Sample Collection (2002 Guidance)
- 4B3 EMPACT Report (see The EMPACT Beaches Project under Recreational Water Publications) (Supplemental Materials—2005)
- 4C Beach Modeling
- 4C1 Predictive Models (2002 Guidance)
- 4D Source Tracking
- 4D1 Source Tracking Information (Supplemental Materials—2008)
- 4E Training
- 4E1 Training (2002 Guidance)
- 5A Beach Notification
- 5A1 Beach Notification—Effective Practices (Supplemental Materials)